Plastic on coop prevents wet runs

We've been using 5 and 6 mil vinyl, and as you say it works great. We're roofed too.

Wintermods002.jpg

We use snow boards on the bottom. We're on generator today after weathering our second winter hurricane- trees down, widespread flooding and roof damage. But the run held with wind gusts to 140 km/h.

You mean something like this ?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=73058 all the way at the bottom pic
I doesn't work for me. Just now I couldn't open the front door because the water turned into an ice and block me from pushing it. Curtainly it did elimanate it, but didn't totally block the rain, I mean this is my experience, maybe because of the position of my run is probably.

Last edited:
WARNING! If you want clear sheet plastic, make sure to look hard. The website says, "Clear" but it really isn't. Also, going with the 6 ply is a good idea, as it will probably last longer.
I'll post pic's tomorrow, busy today.
Thanks for your patience

Thanks, Pat! Very helpful.
smile.png

We have this really ugly pinkish crushed stone around the landscaping (left by the previous owner of the house), and I'm SO HAPPY to have an excuse to rake it all up and use it for chicken drainage. Chicken poop can only improve its appearance, and I can put down bark mulch when I feed all my downed branches through the chipper.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I'm in LO too. I have a short run, so I have carpet runner around mine. It works very well too if you don't need it so tall. It is stiff enough to hold strong with just a few staples on each side. (Sorry to all who have already seen it!)

On another note, do you have a roo? I'm looking for fertilized eggs in the area as soon as one of my hens goes broody again....

56181_dsc00680.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom