Plastic poultry flooring

Did you remove this box?
Might try straw instead of pine needles.

I've tried what they're laying in now I just put pine needles in 2 days ago. Pine needles is way softer than straw I've use that in the past in the nest boxes and they love it not these particular flock. As far as moving the Box I've taken the box out they immediately laid where the box was so I thought I could slowly Move the Box closer to the nest box soon as I moved it 6 in they were laying in that 6 inch spot

I've tried what they're laying in now I just put pine needles in 2 days ago. Pine needles is way softer than straw I've use that in the past in the nest boxes and they love it not these particular flock. As far as moving the Box I've taken the box out they immediately laid where the box was so I thought I could slowly Move the Box closer to the nest box soon as I moved it 6 in they were laying in that 6 inch spot
Remove box entirely, put buckets on the floor to block that spot.
Give the newish pine needles more time.
Is rollaway nest easy to access...pics might help here.

Light intensity can be a significant factor if a hen will use a nest box. I gave my hens a homer bucket to use. They would never use it. One day i grabbed a rattle spray can and painted them black. They have never laid anywhere else after paiting.

Oh must of accidentally posted on wrong thread woopsie.... Guess I'm not super smart oh well at least there is a random FYI on cedar shavings available for anyone to read if they would like :clap:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom