Play Practice in the Chicken Coop

McKenley5

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 9, 2011
One afternoon the chickens were anxiously waiting to be released from their coop, as they know when Mom is home from school it is time to free range. My ten year old daughter asked if she could go outside to read her script for the school play, I replied, "Sure, go read it to the chickens." They were SO funny! They stopped making noise and listened to her. She assigned parts and everything!

She came inside to use the restroom and they immediately started squaking again! She went back out and they calmed right down and waited for play practice to resume!

All of this stuff in the news about the mistreatment of industrial chicken farms just make me realize how lucky backyard chickens really are. I have tried to explain to friends and family members how poorly these animals are treated in the past, but this story in the news has finally made people see the truth. I just wonder if anything will really change, and if people realize that it is NOT an isolated farm that is mistreating the animals...anyway, I know that my girls are happy and healthy.
big_smile.png

99283_play_practice.jpg

too cool!!! My girls are also very loud until I let them out and lay on my hammock....after a little searching for food they come and lay with me! lol

This is exactly why I like to have chickens in my life. Some of them can be so curious and attentive. And the one's that don't snuggle, well, don't think they aren't watching your moves and don't appreciate you. They really do! They like to be a part of things...from a distance!

How COOL!

I'm absolutely with you. Many chickens really, really love being read to. Now I'm not saying they're like little kids, or even like dogs or cats as pets. They're chickens. But they really, really like to be read to.

Singing, not so much. But reading, yes. YES
hu.gif

Quote:
So true...I have girls that talk and follow me everywhere and snuggle as soon as I sit down and others don't like to be touched but they just have to be around you where the action is...I can't honestly believe how much I LOVE chickens...LOVE them ALL...

And I agree that people need to wake up and understand that there is no excuse to mistreat an animal under any circumstances...even the ones we eat! What people don't see, people don't care!

But it's good to know that our chickens are living the life of royalty...
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom