Play sand in the coop

mckennastitz

Hatching
Jun 22, 2016
Very new to chickens and I haven't found any answers to whether or not we could use play sand inside the coop.
I have read all the pros and cons on having sand in the coop and have decided to try this. Just wondering if play sand is ok for hens no younger than 14 weeks and a year old rooster.
The reason I ask is because I have 4-5 25kg bags of play sand at home I can use!!
Thank you :)

Very new to chickens and I haven't found any answers to whether or not we could use play sand inside the coop.
I have read all the pros and cons on having sand in the coop and have decided to try this. Just wondering if play sand is ok for hens no younger than 14 weeks and a year old rooster.
The reason I ask is because I have 4-5 25kg bags of play sand at home I can use!!
Thank you
smile.png

Use river sand from the quarry. Play sand can have to much silica in it. contractor's sand can have other impurities in it. You want river sand.
Best,
Karen,

'Naming' sand is pretty inconclusive......too many different kinds, no standards......different names in different regions.

Back
Top Bottom