Playhouse coop / run almost done - YIPEEE! Pictures...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Kelly G, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

We finished retro-fitting the playhouse...it now has hardware cloth covering all windows, roost is installed @ 3.5' high, nest box at 20" high, and stilt legs are now in place. We also put the dog-run around it (but we're going to add another as it didn't seem quite big enough).

Here it is so far
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We still have to put the ramp in place, cover the top (chicken wire), and bury the hardware cloth perimeter.

I am so excited! I hope all this goes well - I'd be heart broken if something happened to the chickens because of my ignorance!!! Let me know if you see any trouble spots!

2. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    That looks like a fabulous coop. They will love it.

Do you have Raccoons in your area? You may want to cover your run if you do. They could climb right down from that tree.
    My dad is in Largo and has a ton at his place.

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Nice job! Very cute lil coop!

4. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    What a great coop and run you have there! I would just caution of what could climb up on the trees??

5. angels4

angels4 Chillin' With My Peeps

If you take the coop itself out of the run and just join the run to the outside edge of the coop (of course weld mesh around the stilts) it would make the run a bit larger. BTW I LOVE your coop.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  6. bills

bills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    vancouver island
    Quote:Very good point! A screen over the top would be an asset.

Cute as a button, that coop. [​IMG] It looks like you already have a larger run outside of your inner run. I suppose you could let the birds into that area as well?

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Quote:If you have coons, possums or weasels in the area you might want to put hardware cloth over the top too since you are under the trees and they can drop down from above. Those predators can tear through chicken wire.

8. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I think it is precious .

I do agree to move the COOP OUT of the run but attach the perimeter so they can have full access to FULL area .

MORE room the better . TRUST ME on this one . We have enlarged our run area 3 times .

How many head ( [​IMG] ) do you have ?

9. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    Kelly,

what is the black 'mail' door for?

[​IMG]
    my favorite coop so far!

10. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007