Playing FEMA for my chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AintNoThing, Feb 8, 2014.

1. AintNoThing

AintNoThing New Egg

Feb 2, 2014
    My Coop
    Evacuated the coop this morning. Chickens would probably have been fine but its getting difficult just to make it out there for feeding and such.
    [​IMG]
    5 to 8 more inches of snow to come today/tonight. Yuck!

[​IMG]
    I just penned in this stall last week in anticipation of spring chicks. Should make life easier for both chickens and peoples for a few days.

[​IMG]
    This is a brooder I'm putting together, I put a nesting box in there to hold them over until the snow thaws.

1 person likes this.
  2. AintNoThing

AintNoThing New Egg

Feb 2, 2014
    My Coop
    Can I get a "your doing a heck of a job Brownie!" ?

3. Triple Willow

Triple Willow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2013
    Is that sort of like one of those government prison camps they have in secret locations all over the country for us??? Don't know about you but I am ready for spring! LOL ...nice job btw.

4. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Its good you have a nice barn pen as an alternative for the flock. With this seemingly endless winter, who knows how long they will be in there. I hope you don't get a snow drift in front of your barn door. I try to keep my barn doors clear of snow but every day seems to bring some blowing or accumulation of snow and I have to use all my weight to get even the sliding door open because of freezing snow.

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Wow, you have very nice facilities! Yeah, winter needs to come to an end. [​IMG]

Good luck with all your birds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by