playing the radio makes for a calmer chick

jk47

Songster
6 Years
Apr 17, 2013
CA
For those of us that raise more then an handful of chicks know that chicks will scatter and bunch up in corners when we work around them. I have started to play a radio when im in the brooder area. And there alot more calmer

I totally agree! The radio does seem to soothe them- wonder why.

I have a hen who bobs her head to the beat of the music- and she still does, even as an adult.

I dont know ether maby its because it gets them used to noise so they think because its on all the time its a good thing

heck poor 6 BRockers raised first few weeks with tv on most nights. I at least got Hubby to turn it down.. LOL
I absolutley detest the boob tube....... so he watches it in the LR of the basement in his Lzboy......
heck they are so used to noise like us using chainsaw etc. Doent faze them a bit.....
But I know they hate the 4 wheeler louder than heck next door.....
.otherwise it mostly traffic noises on this busy road
Plus I sing to them and jump around and dance with them.... I mean bopa long while they are out....I talk to them too... ask them all kind of questions.....but they hate when I pick them up. unfortunately did not do it enough when they were little....
...also when I go into their coop at nite to apply olive oil and vaseline to their legs... Baby Girl whines and cries before I even get to her legs.....soon as I flashlight into their coop.. LOL... I sing to them "crybabies"""""cry...babies""""" and sing "Jesus loves the little chickens all the chickens of the world......" they prob cant wait till I finish....
LOL

I like recording the chicka on a camera while they peep,and then watching the video.The chicks seems VERY interested to it.

Back
Top Bottom