1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Playing with the chicks!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by usalbrechts, May 24, 2007.

1. usalbrechts

usalbrechts Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    south east MI
    Hi my name is Rachel! My mom just got chicks...they are so cute/cuddly! we take them out side and play with them in the grass. Its a good way to make them comfortable with humans. Plus they are fun to watch. When we put a worm in there they start to fight over it. They pick at your colorful nails too. And a first time chicken farmer!!! No pun intended... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:th:barnie:hugs:lau:yiipchick:duc

2. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Congrats on your new babies!

They are hilarious to watch aren't they? I never realized that little chicks were so full of personality. And my favorite game is "Dive-bomb your sisters and knock them over like bowling pins". [​IMG] I could watch them for hours. My kids love them, too, so it's been a great experience so far.

Good luck! And welcome to the board!

Meghan

3. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    Congrats on your babies! [​IMG]

They are too funny. Last night a mosquito got in the brooder area and they all stopped moving and stuck their little heads up to listen, it was so cute.

Enjoy them!

4. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Quote:HI! Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new babies.
    Just a little hint for when you post, your smilies will work better if you put a space between them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by