Please allow me to vent about freecycle...

I do freecycle. I NEVER have any problem giving stuff away. I never seem to be awarded anything on the rare occasion that I am interested in something. Thats ok though, those items I have given away did not wind up in the dumpster.

We have had the opposite problem with Craigslist.... More than once my DH has found something he wanted, emailed and made arrangements to pick up, and then they email us and say "Sorry, I already sold it!" WTH! Frustrating..... the one time my DH had already taken his amp and sold it so he would have the money for the guitar that he was going to go get from the guy, only to have the guy cancel the very day we were scheduled to meet him.

Quote:
nothing wrong with walmart clothing! its the only kind that seems to last with my horde of destructive beasts!
lol.png
lol.png

Glad someone said it.

I said that right in my original post

I was giving away a refridgerator. Not a NICE refridgerator, but it runs, and I was GIVING it away....

These people wanted it. Said we will be there last weekend. So we gave them directions. They said it will be Sunday, and we said it will have to be after four, we are busy sunday. We had family plans.

So they said hold it for us, we will come next weekend. We are nice, we did. So Friday I was sending them e-mails "Hello?? Are you there???" I told them they could come out Saturday. They said "we have stuff to do saturday. We will be thare Sunday."

So I wrote back and said Saturday is alot better for us, but Sunday will work if you are here between 4 and 6. They did not respond. So Saturday morning we get an e-mail that said, basically, "My wife had Gall Bladder Surgery this morning, hold it another week."

We took it to the dump.
lol.png
I mean, it could have all been legit, but come on! If someone is giving you stuff free, you shouldnt just keep telling them to hold it forever!

OK sorry for the rant....
rant.gif

The best way I found to get rid of free stuff .......... (drum roll please) ..... put it on the curb with a free sign on it. I got rid of so much stuff when we moved that way! Even way out here in the sticks people street shop. The only thing that didn't get a new home was the huge metal basketball backboard. But the dresser, old stereo, bike and everything else went bye bye. Also Goodwill will sometimes pick up stuff for free.

Back
Top Bottom