****Please answer....When are they grown?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Paws2u, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Paws2u

Paws2u Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    My girls (and one roo, unfortunately) are 14 weeks old. I hesitate to leave them unattended outside of their run because of predators, particularly hawks. Are they ever safe from hawks during the daylight? Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] & [​IMG]
    Even attended the hawks can get them you need to cover that run or hang some C.d.'s over the run for a deterrent.

3. Paws2u

Paws2u Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    The run is covered completely. But, they love to free range. When do they attain their adult weight? And, what are C.d.s? Sorry...still on my chicken-raising honeymoon.

4. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Quote:C.D's are the little round disked that have the shiney side to them. They look like a big shiney donut. [​IMG]

5. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Music CDs [​IMG]

6. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

That's awesome, I was like "c.d.s? Seedeys.... see deez.....?" hilarious... now I get it. duh!

7. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    [​IMG] from Kansas. [​IMG] It is a risk everyday when my chickens free range. If you don't want that risk they need to be kept in a covered run all the time. I myself couldn't do that. My chickens are happier when they get to go out and play. It is part of Mother Nature's cycle (the prey and predators). I've been fortunate so far not to lose any since May of last year. But I'm sure someday it will happen but I know my chickens enjoyed their lives outside rather than cooped up all the time. Just my thought.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by