please confirm that Elvis is a boy? (white crested polish, 3 weeks?)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by technodoll, May 30, 2011.

1. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    I'm such a dummy - picked this white crested polish out of 4 available ones a couple days ago, they all had identical crests but I forgot to look at the legs [​IMG]

The owner said they were about 3 weeks old, but she wasn't sure.

Hatchery stock, of course.

Now that I have Elvis home, with those tree-trunk legs and the beginnings of tiny spurs... and he's "in your face" aggressive and bossy... ugh.

If you can confirm there is no chance HE might be a SHE, my friend will take him back on Wednesday.

I confess I don't like him much at all [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    they are awfully thick legs arnt they.. my polish is a bit older and His crest is pointed feathers where the hens have rounded feathers , but your little flocker's feathers are just coming in to tell? I wish I was more help.. sorry
    )O(
    Pink
    heres Mee Beep, wht. crested white polish.. and oh my gosh he is the dirtest bird.. literally.. gets dirty even after I gave him a bath.. hahhah
    [​IMG]

3. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    It does have Thick legs, but then again i have seen pullets with pretty thick legs.
    Still over all I am leaning towards Roo.
    Still a bit young to tell for sure

4. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    thanks peeps!

my gut says it's a boy... if it's a girl she's one bossy butch! LOL!

if i'm right i'll have to sell him, not many of his breed available around these parts so crossing fingers all goes well.

"you never know" [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by