Please critique my bantam barred rock (NEW PICS)

....standing next to your toothbrush!
wink.png

Quote:
All I can say is: Do you have kids?Because if you don't do not have any boys they bring in many odd things,lysol works well to clean up after kids and animals!

I'm actually thinking of getting 4 Barred Plymouth Rock Bantam in the spring instad of 2 larger layers though I'm still debating, the fact they are good layers and they eat less,take less space and I have 4 bantams already makes this ideal .

To put it a different way, so as to help prevent everyone's buns from getting into a knot, I just don't think it's a wise practice to allow a chicken to walk across one's dinner table. Despite the availability of good disinfectants, it's just not on any list of best practices which I've ever seen, and it isn't endorsed or even condoned by any of the sources I tend to consult.

I no longer have goats, but my children do leave me with the need for the occasional use of good cleaners or disinfectants, like most others, I imagine. Then again, they don't usually walk through their feces and then across our dining room table either.

In thinking about it further, I must say that I don't see how anyone can really defend allowing barnyard livestock into one's home and to walk across a kitchen table. It's just plain unsanitary. I apparently have hit a nerve with a few, who may be lashing out at the person who provided the reality check for them, but I think that most of you really do know that it isn't right.

What the heck???????????? I won't tell you my dogs eat ice cream off my spoon, but they are not barnyard animals.................

Last edited:
Quote:
All I can say is: Do you have kids?Because if you don't do not have any boys they bring in many odd things,lysol works well to clean up after kids and animals!

I'm actually thinking of getting 4 Barred Plymouth Rock Bantam in the spring instad of 2 larger layers though I'm still debating, the fact they are good layers and they eat less,take less space and I have 4 bantams already makes this ideal .

To put it a different way, so as to help prevent everyone's buns from getting into a knot, I just don't think it's a wise practice to allow a chicken to walk across one's dinner table. Despite the availability of good disinfectants, it's just not on any list of best practices which I've ever seen, and it isn't endorsed or even condoned by any of the sources I tend to consult.

I no longer have goats, but my children do leave me with the need for the occasional use of good cleaners or disinfectants, like most others, I imagine. Then again, they don't usually walk through their feces and then across our dining room table either.

In thinking about it further, I must say that I don't see how anyone can really defend allowing barnyard livestock into one's home and to walk across a kitchen table. It's just plain unsanitary. I apparently have hit a nerve with a few, who may be lashing out at the person who provided the reality check for them, but I think that most of you really do know that it isn't right.

hide.gif

Wow. Just wow!

Just so you know. I kiss my chickens because they make me happy and I love them. How unsanitary do you think my lips are now?
big_smile.png

BTW, I love your little BR Bantam. In fact, I am completely in love with Bantams. ~cough~ I have 3 from an October hatch in my basement right now and 4 that just hatched overnight on my kitchen counter and 4 more eggies pipped and hatching as I type. They are show quality White Leghorn Bantams - little yellow fuzzy butts.

Last edited:
lau.gif
I brooded my ducks on the table in a plastic tub but we don't eat off ours either. Not sure why we even bought the thing. My mother was that way though, she would have a fit if a cat jumped on a table (
smack.gif
the cat is the blue one) or if a dog put its nose on the table.

Yeah, I second that - send her to me!

She is really pretty - I have a barred rock I love! She is my only laying chicken so far and she is sweet! I wish I knew more about breed standard. Perhaps the breed pages will be more helpful!

She looks good to me but my eye is not trained to judge.

Caroline

Back
Top Bottom