Please Delete Thanks

Thanks Bring. He's still growing. He is definitely a Roo. I love the breed but its not real easy to find alot of info about Egyptians. His tail is getting fuller, I'm wondering if he will grow the long white hair like the other rooster. I recently bought the other Roo Osiris so I didnt get to watch him grow.

Osiris in my opinion is more to the correct fayoumi color (reading what the male should look like color wise). But you should give the other time to mature, you can not judge any bird by that age.... To know if he will be good or bad you need to let him mature (happens usually about a year old, some later though in big/slow maturing breeds).

If you want to breed good qaulity stock (which is rare here in the US, maybe even non-existent.) you should really study the standards (UK would probably be the easiest to find since the US doesn't recognize them yet).... You need to pay attention to every characteristic not just color.

If you don't want to pay attention to every characteristic/breed quality stock. Go with your favorite...

Last edited:
Thanks Poultrykeeper08 and DTchickens. I am definetly keeping Ramses but I have a little Egyptian hen who has started laying already and I'm trying to decide which roo to put with her. I'm thinkin I'll use Osiris for now and see how Ramses turns out. Thanks for all your help and I'm gonna check with UK standards and see what it says about the Egyptians. I want to breed to the standard and develop some really good Egyptians.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom