PLEASE HELP!! 4 month Buff with Injured Leg with complex history!

I seriously think it is SUPER awesome that you are taking such good care of her. It fills me with joy that some people don’t just cull their animals. I totally understand. I’ve taken my ducks to the vet before also. And if I hadn’t, they wouldn’t have made it.
I love the parrot comment.
So this reminds me of one of my little quail guys. He was born with slay leg, I tried to fix it but quail are so tiny, he wouldn’t stay in his sling I made him. It broke my heart. He was a happy little guy I hatched out myself. He had the same thing though, neck/head bending the same way as his leg. We could rotate it without pain into the proper place but it would always go back. It seems like it is a type of dislocation of some sort? I think that all the nutrients you are giving her are great, but keep with the physical therapy. And you know, you can always make her a wheelchair? Keep your head up! Just give her lots of love and a good life, that’s all that matters!
Thank you! I made her a therapy chair that I can put wheels on. I just wasn’t sure where to get the wheels. Home Depot? Her neck is the same as your quail, I can straighten it, but it’s got strong “recoil” if you will and goes back to curvature. Any suggestions on what exactly I should do for physical therapy? Thanks so much for replying! I’m so grateful to all of you!

Thank you! I made her a therapy chair that I can put wheels on. I just wasn’t sure where to get the wheels. Home Depot? Her neck is the same as your quail, I can straighten it, but it’s got strong “recoil” if you will and goes back to curvature. Any suggestions on what exactly I should do for physical therapy? Thanks so much for replying! I’m so grateful to all of you!
Home Depot might work and if not, try Amazon?
I have seen people use thick socks around their necks and shoulders to make sort of a neck brace type contraption. And you know, cut it to size. Chicks and ducklings usually respond really well to that.
Sweet chickie girl, I hope she gets all straighten out! Keep us updated, I’m curious to know how it all turns out!

Thank you! If you come across pics of neck sling, please drop here. I’m headed to Home Depot now to see what they have. Thanks again!

I seriously think it is SUPER awesome that you are taking such good care of her. It fills me with joy that some people don’t just cull their animals. I totally understand. I’ve taken my ducks to the vet before also. And if I hadn’t, they wouldn’t have made it.
I love the parrot comment.
So this reminds me of one of my little quail guys. He was born with slay leg, I tried to fix it but quail are so tiny, he wouldn’t stay in his sling I made him. It broke my heart. He was a happy little guy I hatched out myself. He had the same thing though, neck/head bending the same way as his leg. We could rotate it without pain into the proper place but it would always go back. It seems like it is a type of dislocation of some sort? I think that all the nutrients you are giving her are great, but keep with the physical therapy. And you know, you can always make her a wheelchair? Keep your head up! Just give her lots of love and a good life, that’s all that matters!
I found wheels at Home Depot and put them on yesterday! I’ll have to work with her to get her to try to move with it. Also, thank you for sharing your quail story. I’m sorry that happened to your little one. I guess if you have birds long enough things like this will happen. I tell ya I’ve been wondering if Ive made a mistake by getting these chicken’s because I’m not sure I can handle them getting injured or sick!

Back
Top Bottom