PLEASE HELP - broilers dyeing with runny tummy

EtienneSA17

Hatching
8 Years
May 10, 2011
Hi,
I have 4 sets of broiler Ross 308 chickens about 2 weeks apart (quantities 100, 100, 230 and 250) and found one from the 6 week old batch and 1 from the 4 week old batch dead with a runny tummy.
They both had a off white-ish powder that had dried down their butts? both were found on their stomachs

In hindsight the 6 week bird i lost yesterday may have died from the same thing.

These birds are in adjoining rooms so I am very worried about a huge spread.

Please advise what i need to medicate.

I have tried to look for poop in the run and most look ok, I saw one that may have been a bit green and runny. Also saw one bird that had its butt sucking in and out like it was heavy breathing through its butt.

I cleaned out the water bowl a few minutes ago and the chickens had pooped a few times in the water... i have no idea how they manage that. I feed water in a one meter plastic gutter length the is against the wall with a float valve in it.

i am worried about what to medicate the 6 week birds with because they go to slaughter on the 23 of June.

please advise..

I am a part time homesteader and have to shoot off to my day job but will keep an eye on the iPhone for responses and try collect medicine suggested on my way back
thanking you in advance

Back
Top Bottom