1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please help..Cayuga seems to be wheezing

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by fawnvb, Nov 1, 2012.

1. fawnvb

fawnvb Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2012
    I have two pairs of Cayuga's ....I believe that I have two males and two females. They have seem to paired off and each set has a large and a smaller one. They are about a little over 2 mos old. One of the smaller ones seems to be wheezing..its audible. This has been going on for about a week, but she is eating, drinking, swimming, and running around with the others. It doesn't seem to be affecting her, but I'm concerned. Is there anything I can do for her? I've read all kinds on information on the web and honestly I'm a little scared. Please any suggestions?

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]. Could you take a video of the wheezing? Has it been raining in your area lately? Sudden temperature changes?

3. fawnvb

fawnvb Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2012
    We've had some wierd weather lately....before Hurricane Sandy made herself known. It would be cool, then hot, then cold..now its been cold. I can take a video of her, but it won't be until tomorrow. I'll just need to seperate her from the rest of the group without her being distressd. They hate to be apart, when they are they they scream and search until they are together again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by