Please help, chick experts!!!! She won't stop crying!

*SeaChick, I thought it might work the same way it works with some babies, or the way warm milk works for some adults. Sometimes warm INSIDE works. A dab of fat satisfies & and warm & full inside often equals sleepy!! fingers crossed for ya. P-S: you might need to dunk her little beak in repeatedly to get her started eating it, since she's neuer had it b/f.

Last edited:
smile.png
I,m sorry to hear that. I have 4 yellow buffs and the littlest one is getting picked on:mad: . I have to give him/her special attention and he/she will hardly come out of the coulp.

Well I was all hopeful this morning when I came down and all was quiet!! but after about a half hour this chick has started in with the bawling again. OMG.

They do seem to like their stuffed animal, though.

Anyaone lese who might be just seeing this post have any thoughts on why this baby is peeping so loud, hard, and constantly?

Thanks
Stacey

Now talk to me about the roo thing...... are you kidding 'cause its so noisy or is that a trait of baby roos? Because I really have my suspicions about this chick. I have 2 baby RIRs and this one has a noticeably bigger, fringier little tiny comb, it is quite a bit smaller than the other, and it is hyper aware and spastic, not to mention the crying. Do baby roos act like that, really?

I was guessing roo because you know how men are sometimes, making a big loud deal about being uncomfortable (meanwhile, who has the cramps, babies and migraines all our lives?)...

Wait & see if his comb area turns darker faster than the others, and if he is behind on wing & tail feather growth, then maybe he is a roo.

Your video did show a very vigorous chick with some powerful lung stamina. I would think that a chick experiencing pain or illness would be more subdued or flopped over. Just my guess. Maybe you could leave on a sailing trip while your little Bette Midler goes through this phase...

I was surfing the rest of the forum and found this:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=38781

Thanks, I had read that thread... but that baby seems like it was lonely, and this on'e got lots of friends..... She's a little better now, only yelling about 25% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom