please help chick hatched with unabsorbed yolk, bleeding

FolkSonginC

Songster
May 2, 2019
Peaks Island, ME
one of my chicks just hatched and when I went to take it out of the incubator I saw that it hadn't fully absorbed its yolk sack/blood vessels and it has a bloody mess hanging from its naval and still attached to the shell. I took it out with the shell and put it in a quarantine container, the chick is very loud and restless but the yolk looks terrible. There were some other things hanging out that god forbid I hope are not its organs, but did not look like yolk. I couldn't get a picture of the other things hanging out but here is the chick. Any help would be greatly appreciated as soon as possible

Attachments

• IMG_20210506_075351944.jpg
    IMG_20210506_075351944.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 157
How is your chick doing?
Did you help it hatch?
I've seen some huge successes with people who put it carefully back in and wrap it in clingfilm. Untill the yolk is absorbed. That is, when there are no organs hanging out ofcourse.. Let me see if I can find a picture

How is your chick doing?
Did you help it hatch?
I've seen some huge successes with people who put it carefully back in and wrap it in clingfilm. Untill the yolk is absorbed. That is, when there are no organs hanging out ofcourse.. Let me see if I can find a picture
Thank you so much for responding and trying to help, I will definitely keep that in mind for the future. Unfortunately it died yesterday a few hours after it hatched, I believe it had some of its intestines hanging out and I don't think it could have been saved. It hatched on its own and completely on time, and seemed very alert when it came out so I didn't even notice the bloody yolk until I took the incubator lid off. The only thing I can think of is that it's somehow the result of the eggs getting a little mixed up in shipping, as I had an overall terrible hatch rate and only ended up with 2 out of 12.

Thank you so much for responding and trying to help, I will definitely keep that in mind for the future. Unfortunately it died yesterday a few hours after it hatched, I believe it had some of its intestines hanging out and I don't think it could have been saved. It hatched on its own and completely on time, and seemed very alert when it came out so I didn't even notice the bloody yolk until I took the incubator lid off. The only thing I can think of is that it's somehow the result of the eggs getting a little mixed up in shipping, as I had an overall terrible hatch rate and only ended up with 2 out of 12.
oof... 2 from 12 is bad! maybe shipping was to rough or took too long. Sorry you lost your little one

Good afternoon,
My duckling half hatched this morning with his yolk sac attached and some unabsorbed blood vessels. I immediately stopped him from completely hatching and his bottom is still in the shell. I put him in a little cup lined with a hanky so he’s comfortable and not able to peck at that area. There is blood at the bottom of the egg and the yolk sac appears to be pretty large still. He’s a Muscovy and is 35 days so he’s not premature.
I desperately don’t want to lose him! Should I give him a bit of Nutra Drench? Should i do as you did or allow air to dry out the membranes? I’m very scared right now because he REALLY wants to get out!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!! ❤️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg