Please help! Chick positioning and should I be worried? (Incubator)

Chickengirl2001

In the Brooder
Dec 13, 2023
NSW Australia
So I have eggs in the incubator and wasn’t sure when they were due to hatch. I thought surely they were at least a week away from hatching so I kept the automatic turner on. I went to inspect about an hour and a half ago and saw one had pipped! I quickly removed the turner and have been watching it since. I will post a few photos
IMG_6694.jpeg
IMG_6695.jpeg
below of what it looks like. I have a feeling it’s in the wrong position?
It had externally pipped and I just watched it internally pip. It seems like it’s swallowing which I’ve read means they are just still absorbing all the nutrients from the yolk ect. However it’s now chirping really loudly. Is this normal? This is my first chick I have hatched in the incubator so I’m very new and very nervous!

I have no experience with incubators only with broodies.
But I do know that its the right decision to stop the mechanical turning when they start to hatch. You need to increase the humidity too.
Normally the chicks do not open the egg shell at the pointy side but open at the other side where the air chamber is.
Can you add incubator to the title? And help? Handy for fast replies.
You can @ tag some people with incubator experience (e.g. who wrote an article) too for better answers

Back
Top Bottom