Please help- first hatch!

Biker chick

Songster
Jan 14, 2021
Do I remove the one chick from the brooder who hatched and is thrashing all the other eggs which have just barely pipped?!

thanks!

That happened to me last week and last month I was freaking out but I think if the chick just hatched it might be a good thing to leave her or him in there cuz that gets the other eggs going just think of it as like a cheerleader rooting for the other ones to come out.

Do I remove the one chick from the brooder who hatched and is thrashing all the other eggs which have just barely pipped?!

thanks!
I remove them when they are fluffy and dry. If the humidity drops you could add a sponge or cloth with some hot water in it.
I do not know what type of incubator you use. Just watch your humidity as you pull chicks.
I use a styrofoam farm innovations and another like it. I have had 9 chicks in the incubator bouncing all around at once.
Depending on incubator you may be able to put cloth strips or some paper toweling in to try prevent the chicks from rolling the other eggs around if it is a concern.

Opinions may vary.

That happened to me last week and last month I was freaking out but I think if the chick just hatched it might be a good thing to leave her or him in there cuz that gets the other eggs going just think of it as like a cheerleader rooting for the other ones to come out.

I'm pretty sure it will be fine I had three last week doing the same thing and everybody came out fine.
What about the eggs with a tiny pip that get knocked over? Can the hatching chick breathe if the pipped hole roles to the bottom?

Cheerleaders or steamrollers!?! 😹😹

What about the eggs with a tiny pip that get knocked over? Can the hatching chick breathe if the pipped hole roles to the bottom?
do not know your incubator. I use a screen on mine. I am sure comes air up through.
As you pull chicks you can always spot check and try and fix your concerns. Just keep the humidity going while hatching.

Each time you hatch you can review and learn and improve.

Back
Top Bottom