Please help! Flock in danger!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickenlover27, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Chickenlover27

Chickenlover27 New Egg

Nov 22, 2012
    So i have a small flock of 8 birds and one is extremely sick with a runny nose, swollen runny eyes, a weezey breathing sound and shes very lethargic. she tucks her head in her feathers and just stands there. Her feathers are now covered in a greenish yellow goo. I think this is mycoplasma. Shes now sepperated and i expect her to die since i cant find any treatment around me without a 100$ vet bill. Even though ill be crushed if she dies ill be even more devastated if they all die due to her being near them. Is that true? Is it basically set in stone they will die? Also, i was incubating some of their eggs. Should i stop? Will the chicks be sick too? Any advice on treatment would help A LOT! Thanks!

2. EJPedrazzi

EJPedrazzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2012
    Salinas, CA
    Sounds like a cold. Mine started showing signs of this 2 days ago (we think). I put them in a separate cage with a heat lamp and gave them some antibiotics. You can get them from your local feed store for around $10 - just a powder you mix in with their water. They're already now both a lot perkier - eating and drinking so fingers crossed they've pulled through.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by