Please help flock suddenly very I’ll lost one hen already

Lost my rooster and the other sick hen closest place I could get the meds was over an hour drive one way I brought them with cause it was cold and rainy out and wanted to get the meds In them asap after rooster passed this morning :/ I can’t remember the last time I cried like that it’s illegal to have chickens in my town and before getting sick last thing he remembers is me yelling at him to stop crowing I gave her the meds in parking lot she seemed ok and was cold and stiff when I got home worse is the last of thier eggs I had from the ones I lost hatched today so they will probably catch it I have them far apart and will wash hands constantly and make sure nothing that’s touched them gets near the babies I especially need these chicks to make it they’re all I have left of the dead ones
There is a local laws and ordinances part of the forum that I think you should go to if you haven't already.

I think you did lots for your chickens and I am sure they are glad they had a good person to look after them.:hugs
I am hoping all goes well with the chicks.

It does sound like mold poisoning. Bad smell when you open a bag of feed is a huge warning not to use that feed. I had such a bag of Purina Flock Raiser a few years ago, and it had evidently sat in a puddle somewhere along the distribution route, and the company gave me my money back. Luckily, no chickens died in my case.

There is a local laws and ordinances part of the forum that I think you should go to if you haven't already.

I think you did lots for your chickens and I am sure they are glad they had a good person to look after them.:hugs
I am hoping all goes well with the chicks.

Attachments

• FE987729-115E-45FB-A9D6-85A8AE9A1FDD.png
    FE987729-115E-45FB-A9D6-85A8AE9A1FDD.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
The chicks All are still doing well none seemed to have caught it I threw out and replaced all the feed 2 more hatched since this pic one a week later and one today

Back
Top Bottom