Please help Got chicks from Mcmurray hatchery all are sick or dieing

Cackling Hen

Just Scratching Around
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Port Angeles Wa
Hi I got my baby chicks on Monday moring 25 assorted Bantams
2 were DOA. Lost 6 more in 2 hrs Lost 7 more in 6 hrs. Last nite I lost 3 Woke up this morn to 1 more dead They seem to be fine then they start going limp can walk and lay down and die. I tryed to save them dipping there beaks I cant take loosing any more ........ I got all the stuff new babys need Water Chick Stater Nice heat at 95 degrees lots of room I have done this for 5 yrs and never ever lost this many So out of 25 I have 6 left
sad.png
Does any one have any ideas why are they just week from the trip????
hit.gif

Do you know their hatch date?
Wondering if too long in transit and possibly dehydrated.

I'm so sorry, phone McMurray, I know that it doesn't help with your distress now, but will give you information on what happened.

WOW! I would call them. I am so sad for you. I always get the gro-gel. I also put a lil sugar in there water. One other thing I do is as I take them from the shipping box I dip there lil beak and make them drink some water. The gro-gel is brite green, its good for a 100 chicks. I mix it as directed feed them a teaspoon at a time 3xs daily for the first few days. Its loaded with good things and helps hydrate them. If you get replacments ask for the gro-gel. Now I'm beginning to sound like and advertisment.HA!
ya.gif

They were hatched 4-17 i got the 4-20 I did give them the stuff that goes in the water I have never had this happen with Mcmurrary Im calling now I lost 1 more 10 min ago I cant stand it My poor babies

I've posted in other threads, but this happened to me too. Call McMurray they will either refund or replace your lost chicks. I had lost 10 which they replaced, added and extra and sent 13 red star roos for warmth. They always ship on a Saturday for chicks. The 1st shipment was over Easter weekend, and didn't reach my PO till Tuesday. The 2nd shipment reach main PO on Sunday who called and said we could pick up or wait till Monday to reach our PO. We drove the 36 min to get them and they are all healthy. The 1st shipment was definitely dehydrated and stressed. I had done everything I should have also, but that long was too much for them. Good Luck with what ever you do.

yes call them now, im starting to thin k something is wrong with there flock, becouse i ordered from them and only 5 lived out of 33. the same way as yours.
no im sorry mine were from welp, but i still think something is wrong this year with all the flocks, to many chicks have been dieying from the same reason, so sighns of other dieses. im starting to think something new is going on.

Last edited:
You to shay20 When did you get yours??? You only had 5 live Oh Im so sorry.......I called they said they would replace them i said NO thank you !!!!!! I dont ever want to have this happen again Its to sad and not fair to the chicks They were all doing so good then they just kinda get limp and well......................
hit.gif

Have you showed them how to eat and drink? Are you sure they have been doing it? Do they have a heat lamp?

Something just isn't right here. Please post what McMurray says.

Yes they know how to eat and drink I have been on watch for 48 hrs ugghhhhhh I have done this for 5 yrs They have everything something isnt right I cant take it

Back
Top Bottom