Please Help!! Hen lethargic, not eating or drinking. Anyone help

If she's blind, have you moved her feed dispensers around to a different spot? I have owned a blind chicken in the past and I had to keep her food in the same spot without moving it so she knew where it was. A real vet can help you out.
Food is always in the same spot. The vet also had some experience with hens.

Past two days, my 3-nearly 4 yo bantam wasn't eating but drinking lots of water and even laid an egg

Today, she isn't eating, Drinking or active but fully sleeping. She wakes up if you disturb her or bring her outside.

Im gonna take her to a normal bird vet in a couple hours. Not pooping much. One of her poops was liquid with white urates and a bright green dot.

She also bled from the beak a little so I assumed that's why she wasn't eating.

There's also a hard lump in her throat-not crop. Please anyone help
Hen still not better. Anyone has any ideas?

No better. I made her drink a little though. Yesterday she only ate yogurt
The vet said to give 1tsp antibiotics per 5l of water for 5 days, so should I make a new batch per day? Or can I just use the same 5l
I would always prepare fresh every day, but perhaps call the vet office for precise instruction.

And allow 3-4 hours between the yoghurt and the antibiotic in order not to interfere with the uptake.

I would always prepare fresh every day, but perhaps call the vet office for precise instruction.

And allow 3-4 hours between the yoghurt and the antibiotic in order not to interfere with the uptake.
We're taking her to the vet soon too.

She's more active and drinking today but still not eating. Actually the vet said that it was too risky to trim her beak and she did it herself today.

Big Update- She's eating!! So was it her beak, after all? Then why didn't she eat the liquid mash,though? I'll continue with the antibiotics just in case! I'm so glad. Today morning, she looked very bad.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom