Please help!!!! Hens are driving me crazy (won't lay in nesting box)

TubbyChicken

Songster
11 Years
Jul 30, 2008
Kentucky
I have 3 hens that have been laying for more than a month...not a single one has laid in the nesting "box"...

I use a bucket with a hole cut out...it was previously used with another flock and they had no problem using it everytime...

It's driving me crazy...We now have 2 new egg layers (so 5 laying) and not a single egg has been laid in the nest. I even put one of the eggs in the box and the hens kicked it out and laid their egg right beside it.
roll.png

Is there anything I can do? I have moved the box to their preferred spot and they just choose a new one...My eggs are so NASTY...unless I get one straight from the shoot, they end up poop covered and muddy...inedible.

From the 4 eggs I usually get per day I end up with only one that is caught right after being laid and usable. It's making me crazy!!! Is there anything I can do?

since they are new layers, I wouls say keep putting the eggs in the nest boxes, eventually they should start laying there, if you can I would put a piece of wood on teh front of nest boxes so they can not knock out the egg, they are new to the laying thing so keep trying

Back
Top Bottom