PLEASE HELP: How do I know or find out if my White Pekins are Jumbo

love.gif

must see more jumbo pekins!
Please?
smile.png

pictures?

Quote:
They don't, but there is a charge for less than 10 ducks for the heat pack they ship them with and then there is a min order.
Basically, after min order fees, sexing fees, heat pack fees, shipping fee - you'll be looking at ~$60 for anything less than 5 or 6 ducks. If you can't find anybody locally to get them from, see if maybe anybody locally is looking for some ducklings and will split the fees with you.

Quote:
Personally I would get at least four gals for them. You don't want the gals overmated or the drakes fighting over them. I have 2 Pekin Hens, the oldest went broody this spring and sat on a nest of 18 infertile eggs for 3 weeks, I had a neighbor's scovey eggs in my incubator and the day that the eggs were pipped I took them out and slid them under her. I was worried about putting the fertile eggs under her in case she left the nest too early. She made a wonderful Mamma. Right now my youngest Pekin Hen is building a nest and she has 10 eggs in it so far (my other hens aren't laying yet so these are just my Pekin Hens' eggs fertilized by my Mallard Drake). I'm going to let her sit on these eggs and see if she'll go full term with them.

Michelle

love_a_duck- Here are some more pictures of my boys!

264p5dj.jpg

16jr6ft.jpg

nmndpw.jpg

dn0n6b.jpg

sydney13- Do you really think they are that big? I am new to all of this and have never seen a Jumbo White Pekin in person until my boys... I always knew they were big But I was never really sure how big for their breed! LoL

TLWR- Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately I am the only crazy one who has ducks in my back yard around here! LoL! I am looking at keeping it under $30 for the two. I got a hold of some people who should be hatching some for me in a few weeks or so.

PlumTuckered- I wish I could have 6 ducks! My fiance barely just agreed to let me have two more
sad.png
The house we built for them I dont believe would be big enough to house 6 of them either. We are at our limit with 2 and defiantly will be pushing it with 4. I am not looking to get duckling or eggs out of them really, I am more so just looking to help fix the problem of my male ducks frustration of having no women around! LoL!

Just a precaution: If you live in the city, female Jumbo Pekins are VERY LOUD! I have 4, and they can out-sing all of my indian runners put together!

Back
Top Bottom