Please help hurt duck cant stand up

Krazieliss702

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 10, 2010
I have a year old kahki campbell duck...when i went out to the barn this morning i found her lying on her back not able to get up. She seems alert an ok but she can not stand or hold herself upright very well...I took her away from the other ducks and put her in her own pen up by the house with food and water. She seemed fine as long as i was holding her but when i went to set her down she just kind of fell over and was struggling to sit upright. when I got her settled and comfortable she was eating and drinking the food and water that i sat close to her so she didnt have to move to get to it. Im not sure what to do it appears to be her one leg that is bothering her but im not sure how she could have injured it. If someone could please help or give me some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated thanks.
hit.gif

KL, I am sorry about your little duck! I bumped up the "Duck Rescue" thread for you with my experience in the last couple of weeks with a lame duck. Is your duck sort of pushing herself around? She may be in the same boat as Daffodil. Daffodil has an arthritic hip. Can she swim OK?

her leg can move but its turning white... i dont think its getting any circulation to it...and i think her wing might be injured too i guessing from the other ducks stepping on her through the night. I dont know what else i can do for her if anything.

Back
Top Bottom