Please Help! I need some serious Ideas

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by happyheart, Dec 1, 2008.

1. happyheart

happyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Thornville, Oh
    Ok I am a manager of a Subway and we are having a Christmas party in about 2 weeks. I need to buy presents for 8 girls.

Do I buy them all the same thing or make it personal? [​IMG]

My girls range from 15-44 so you can see the dilemma, what would be some ideas I dont have a fortune to spend on them but I want them to like it. [​IMG]

I know from our previous manager she bought us a jewelry box and some avon. So I dont know what to get them, I really suck at this.

Thanks in Advance

2. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    My ideas run toward items like candies, cookies, candles, scarves, address books, planners etc. Stuff that most of us enjoy. I think that since you are also a woman, you can buy something a bit more "personal." I would never recommend that a man buy items such as jewelry boxes, hair items, etc. for female staff. That said, I still have a winter scarf that was given to me by the lady that employed me in college (20 yrs. ago!) She bought each staff member a scarf; however, each was different. I still love that purple paisley scarf!

3. Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    Frederick, Maryland
    I think that you can do the same gift (or a VISA gift card!) for each - but maybe enclose a short note telling each one what you feel her unique contribution to your organization is. Maybe one is super organized, one has a great smile, one has a very personable way with the customers, one is very reliable, one takes great care preparing the food. That always means more to notice what makes each person special.

4. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    What price range are you looking at? I am assuming $10-15 range, so I would go with Bath and Body works, or something similar. I would get something a little more funky for the younger girls (under 25) and more traditional for the older girls. Bath stuff is always welcomed, so try for something like that. If you have some girls/women that aren't into the really floral/fruity smells, go for more of the sage or tea tree smells. They are really nice and relaxing, and not too girly.

One word of advice, I would definitely spend a little more for a smaller item from Bath and Body, or another "name brand" store, than going to the local discount store and getting "more for your money" [​IMG] Anyone can run to Wally world and pick up that kind of thing. The nicer stores make it more of a special gift. They are running all kinds of specials now, too. You should be able to get 2 full size for $15. Less for the smaller samples.

What a nice manager! [​IMG]

Shelly

5. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I vote with Chicken Salad. In this economy, a gift card is a great idea. And the note is a fabulous idea. The money or gift will be gone soon, but the thought of that note will last forever. I wrote cards like that to my swim team one year and years later they still talk about it.

6. happyheart

happyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Thornville, Oh
    Well there is 2 managers myself of course and my assistant we are planning 10-15 bucks, I thought about bath and body but the owner
    is a wonderful woman she always gets us all bath and body and gift cards.

It's more the younger ones I am concerned with you know how teenagers can be, very particular.

I just really want to make them all happy. They all do a fantastic job, and without them I wouldnt be anybody. As a team we are great!

( I have 2 girls that just got their first houses and I thought about basic cookbooks for them since they are always snagging my recipes) ( Then 3 girls in college I thought about nice day planners for them to keep them organized) Then there is the 2 young ones?????? I just dont know [​IMG]

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    If you have time, you could bake them each some kind of treat and include the recipe on a cute card. Package it all in a tin box. Then they have something to keep, something to enjoy by themselves or with friends and family.

8. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Hey-what about I-Tunes cards? If they have ipods (like most kids that age!) that would be nice. I would be careful with gift cards. They are suggesting not to get them in case the stores fail. If they were the Visa cards, that would probably be fine. You might could get them a mall gift card, too.

S

9. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    I have a $10 off $30 to Bath and Body Works I would be willing to send you if you are going to use it. It expires on Dec 14.

10. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

I vote with Chicken Salad. I'm older....ahem! And I've got so much soap, lotion, talc, and odd lots of perfume they will be able to embalm me with it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by