Please help ID this baby.

This was on a school campus and she was running in front of the cafeteria away from several crows. Campus backs up to woods and a neighborhood
I’d guess she belonged to someone in the neighborhood....but if she escaped into someone‘s yard, that means either she was outside in a setup that didn’t work, or someone brought her outside, knowing the risks, and she escaped.
If you don’t want to give her back, I don’t think you have to.

Not an Ameraucana, those are SUPER rare, not an EE, those look a lot different, and barnevelders have different markings as chicks.
She, in that pic, from yesterday, looks like she isn’t feeling well.
I definitely didn’t think it was a pure breed of Ameraucana since most are cross breeds due to the possibility of passing the lethal gene. I’m hoping that when she finishes feathering out I’ll have a better idea. She was not feeling great when I found her and was definitely in need of heat and nutrients. I do the best I can and will post another update soon

Attachments

• 612D8479-0580-41F1-B0CC-BD3BAFCC4175.jpeg
    612D8479-0580-41F1-B0CC-BD3BAFCC4175.jpeg
    577.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 7DD0262D-C6F3-4D6A-9585-A8981D25403F.jpeg
    7DD0262D-C6F3-4D6A-9585-A8981D25403F.jpeg
    530.2 KB · Views: 2
I’d guess she belonged to someone in the neighborhood....but if she escaped into someone‘s yard, that means either she was outside in a setup that didn’t work, or someone brought her outside, knowing the risks, and she escaped.
If you don’t want to give her back, I don’t think you have to.
I would happily give her back if someone was searching for her. However, I don’t have any desire to go door to door in this neighborhood. There are lots of “yard birds” in this area. She is not the first chicken we’ve seen near campus just the first to literally run to me for “help”. She seemed to have been on her on for a few days with debris stuck on her from head to toe. What ever breed she is seems to be cold hardy

I definitely didn’t think it was a pure breed of Ameraucana since most are cross breeds due to the possibility of passing the lethal gene. I’m hoping that when she finishes feathering out I’ll have a better idea. She was not feeling great when I found her and was definitely in need of heat and nutrients. I do the best I can and will post another update soon
Ameraucana don’t carry a lethal.

Just gonna say: it's actually Araucanas with the lethal gene. Ameraucanas were developed as Araucanas with no lethal gene.

Back
Top Bottom