Please help identify - just found in road

Not sure here but there are so many other wildlife breed's Im not familar with.I would keep it warm and offer some non medicated chick food and water and maybe call you local wildlife managment for them to have a look.I don't think from the look's of it would be fair to the bird to keep it captive without a mate>I have never seen a "duck" with such a thin beak but sure there are some breed's out there.Please update us and let Us know how it goe's.Not a mallard but the color's somewhat resemble with the black and brown.Some local Agr./Forestry/wildlife sadly wont or do not have facilities to take them to but can offer advice on thing's.Give them a call I would for sure.Many people take in injured and lost wildlife and some can be very sucessfully returned to the wild and do great.

well the "plan" is to try to get him to eat - I dug some small grubs & will give it a little layena (thats all I have right now....wasn't expecting company). It has cozied up nice to a little stuffed animal, got his head tucked under the stuffys chin. I'll take it to work tomorrow & contact Cornell and see if they have any suggestions. If it is a merganser I know I can't raise it. Darn - I was all ready to run out & buy 2 little ducks to give it company... (& wasn't getting any arguement from hubby!!!!). Thank you all, I appreciate the help & I'll keep ya posted!!!!

aaawww how precious. Feed it Purina starter, I think it is called Start N Grow... make sure it has a water dish deep enough to get its head in...they need to submerge their heads to clean their nares. Give him/her a little lettuce or thawed frozen peas every day. Such a cute baby that is

Almost positive it's a merganser. They are fish eaters. Get some sardines (the ones in water, not oil), put them in a blender, and feed it through a syringe (large gauge)

Found tthis info about a place near you I think:

Florence Jones Reineman Wildlife‎
Belden Corners Road, Dolgeville, NY 13329
(518) 568-7101‎
DirectionsSearch nearby

more▼
Category: Sanctuaries-Wild Life

Back
Top Bottom