Please help identify my new chicks, 6 different types, 9 total

KesslerFlock14

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
Hi!
I bought a total of nine chicks at Orschelns over the past week (oops). These are my chicks ever.
Saturday 12th I bought 4 Barred Plymouth Rock Pullets (they are supposed to be females), 1 "Pan Fry" (according to the lady at the store she said he was a type of sex linked where red means it's a cockerel)
Saturday 19th I bought 2 Bantams, 1 "Pan Fry", and 1 Buff Orpington pullet.

^ These are supposed to be all female Plymouth Rocks. Does that look about correct?

^ This is the first "Pan Fry", I was told that it should be a cockerel. What breed is he though? Or what type of cross?

Second Batch

^ Another "Pan Fry", however, I don't know what breed or gender. Personally I'm leaning towards a White Plymouth Rock, possibly (hopefully) a pullet.

^ The chipmunk looking one is supposed to be a Bantam. I really hope so, s/he was $4 specifically because it was labeled as one.

^ This is also another Bantam. Don't know the breed or gender. I loved the furry feet. I think this one might possibly be a cockerel, maybe a type of Cochin or a Sultan?

^ Supposed to be a Buff Orpington Pullet. Is that correct?

Group pictures, just extra things that might help.

Any thoughts or comments on what breed or gender any of them are? (Or clarifying that a gender/breed is correct)
Thank you!

I posted a thread asking what I had and this is the response I got. Got these two from the Bantam bin. I believe the chick on top with the darker eye marks is a female and the bottom is a male due to the lighter markings. Also they are much smaller than the other chicks, even the ones in the Bantam bin!
Old English Game Bantam

Not sure the chick on the left but the other two are the top and bottom chick.

Production Red (all suppose to be female)

Barred Rock chicks from a local breeder

Last edited:
Thank you!
I went to Cackle Hatchery to look at their chick pictures, I found a few that look like the one that I have in both the Standard and Bantam section. I saw Bantam chicks that were half the size of the one that I got, so I think she might actually be a standard
barnie.gif
Oh well :p

Standard chicks:
Silver Duckwing

Spangled
Crele

Bantams
Silver Duckwing Bantam
Black Breasted Red
Crele Bantam
Spangled Bantam

Oh boy......

Thank you! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see how she'll turn out, also very glad that she's a pullet :p Also doing research on the Production Red, that's also exciting news! I named the PR Vixen (Vix for short, started calling s/he Vixen Tom after a while) oopsies. My mom doesn't want roosters (I would like one to expand my small flock), so she'll like that even better :D

I just took pictures (30 minutes ago) of our chicks that look like yours. We've had them for two weeks now.

I also just love our Production Reds. They have the sweetest personalities, although they tend to be naughty and the first ones to escape their brooder!

Here is a picture with all the chicks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom