please help incubator question what day!?!?

tylerraye0805

In the Brooder
Nov 10, 2015
granbury texas
Okay lol, I put my eggs in at exactly 10am December 30th what day do I stop turning? ( I know it's 18 days. But what day would be the 18th I don't know if I count the 30th or?)
Please. Thanks
Also what day should I be watching and around what time you think.?

Stop turning and put the eggs into lockdown on January 17th. A "day" is 24 hours of incubation, so yes you would count from 10am the 30th to 10am the 31st as a day. If your incubation temperatures were correct your chicks should hatch the 19-20th. Be watching out for pips/chicks peeping a day or so before that. Hope you have a great hatch!

Temp is fine. Lockdown humidity should be somewhere around 60 to 80. Do not let it drop below 60 after lockdown. It's very important to prevent membranes from drying out while the chicks are hatching.

Still air should be kept at about 101, forced air should be about 99.5 Humidity for lockdown should be at least 60. 

X2
I'm sure you've heard it's super important to not open the incubator after lockdown, it lets humidity out. I hatch at 70% humidity. Hatching humidity is very important, I lost 2 chicks on my last hatch when humidity suddenly dropped to 50%.
It sounds like your temp and humidity are good. Please keep us updated on your hatch!!!! :)

Ok I'm gonna turn today and stop at 10am tomorrow will be my last turn and I'll put in lockdown. I'm gonna run 67-72% humidity :) thanks for the help I'll let y'all know how it goes in just a few days

Back
Top Bottom