Please help! Its been more than 24 hours!

If they are still peeping and wiggling, I'd leave them in there for another 12 hours. If there isn't any progression at all by then, pull an egg out and have a look at it. Either going into the air cell on the top or opening the hole up larger where they've pipped the shell. If you wet the membrane a little with a q-tip, you can see if they're any active veins within the membrane. If so, it's too early, the yolk has not yet been completely absorbed, they'll bleed if you help them out and will likely die. Leave them be and really up the humidity with sponges etc. If you don't see any active veins, they're ready to come out. If they were due to hatch a long time ago and they are still alive, I usually assist then. If they are being artificially incubated, you got to remember it isn't truly natural, so I always justify it as being the possible cause of complications and not simply "genetically weak" chicks. It could be because of the incubator or other factors. I've assisted many, many chicks. Mostly due to incubator flaws and malfunctions (I've since purchased a very nice bator
wink.png
) The key is to know when they are ready to come out (veins dissipate, yolk is fully absorbed into the naval.)

If they are still peeping and wiggling, I'd leave them in there for another 12 hours. If there isn't any progression at all by then, pull an egg out and have a look at it. Either going into the air cell on the top or opening the hole up larger where they've pipped the shell. If you wet the membrane a little with a q-tip, you can see if they're any active veins within the membrane. If so, it's too early, the yolk has not yet been completely absorbed, they'll bleed if you help them out and will likely die. Leave them be and really up the humidity with sponges etc. If you don't see any active veins, they're ready to come out. If they were due to hatch a long time ago and they are still alive, I usually assist then. If they are being artificially incubated, you got to remember it isn't truly natural, so I always justify it as being the possible cause of complications and not simply "genetically weak" chicks. It could be because of the incubator or other factors. I've assisted many, many chicks. Mostly due to incubator flaws and malfunctions (I've since purchased a very nice bator
wink.png
) The key is to know when they are ready to come out (veins dissipate, yolk is fully absorbed into the naval.)
wow lol this actually made me feel better!! And even though it has already been 2 days?

Hrmmm, I'd either try to assist one and see how it goes or really up the humidity and wait. There's been times where I thought I needed to assist but didn't and they hatched next morning on their own. They were just late. One other time I recall, a batch was late but I didn't assist. They were all dead but two the next day. Go with your gut, if they look ready to come out, start with one and up the humidity to 80%+ to prevent shrink wrapping. It doesn't really matter how high the humidity gets at this point. Only before lockdown is too much humidity a concern in my experiences.

Haha, well before you replied I did go with my gut instinct and kinda went at it. I did two to compare. Both seem healthy. I can see one has hardly noticeable blood vessels and the other has a bit more noticeable blood vessels. I made sure not to make them bleed...I think they'll be fine..I'll keep you updated but for now I think I'm going to bed! Thanks for your help!!

Haha, well before you replied I did go with my gut instinct and kinda went at it. I did two to compare. Both seem healthy. I can see one has hardly noticeable blood vessels and the other has a bit more noticeable blood vessels. I made sure not to make them bleed...I think they'll be fine..I'll keep you updated but for now I think I'm going to bed! Thanks for your help!!

Yes, keep us updated
smile.png
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom