Please Help me and my wobbly neck Genie (White Sussex)

DwellerOfTheMea

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 17, 2012
i watched the video on the chick with the wry neck. I have a 3 year old White Sussex (Genie) who was almost grabbed by a hawk 8 days ago. I ran to the scene of attack and grabbed my girl as the hawk flew to a tree above us. We were both covered with blood. I cleaned us up the and found it was a minor slice on her comb. She appears to be intact but cannot walk and her head is doing the same thing as the chick in the video. I can't bear to lose another pet. My 30 year old horse died in April and had to put my 13.7 year old Kuvasz down in August. I am a wreck and don't know what to do about Genie. I tried to put a toilet paper roll and vet wrap around her neck for support but that didn't help. It was too heavy and kept creeping up over her eyes. Please help if you can.

I am new to thissite as I googled "chicken with wobbly neck" and found you. I have had many different chickens for over 15 years as well as guinea fowl. This is the first time anything like this has happened and I am very scared to lose my girl. I have lost so many to hawks and owls over the years. It has gotten to the point when I will only let them out when I'm home. My dog was a great help to scare off the predators. The chickens used to hang with her. Now that she is gone I fear for their life.

Dweller Of The Meadow
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom