Please Help Me!!!! I'am confused

Arbice

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 9, 2013
Kuwait
Hello everybody ,
I have 4 Coturnix and 3 button quails together in one cage the coturnix quails are all females but one of them fight with all the rest coturnix females I saw her many times yesterday I saw all the three coturnix she fight everyday with lost one of their eyes...So I'am confused are they sick or hurt I looks strange to be sick because the other quails and the fighter coturnix quail have nothing like that..also strange hurt all of them the same hurt one eye closed always or lost with red mark on it an the other eye have red color surrounded by it...........Please Help me what should I do
Thank You

I would not keep Button Quail with Coturnix Quail. The size difference is too great and you may be asking for trouble.

Oh, and welcome to BYC!

Last edited:
Thanks Leyla,

But there is no trouble between button and cortunix quails the problem is between the cortunix themselves one female fighting with the rest females

The reason I say not to keep these together is that in your case, if you have aggressive Coturnix in with these Buttons, it is possible the Coturnix will turn on the Buttons at some point. Many times fighting stems from being too cramped in a small space. So try making more room for all these birds and you might have less aggression.

LOL, i had Cots and Buttons together.

I had buttons for a while then got cots.

I bought a big cage for both of em. This is what happened:

-I put both the quails together in the big cage and the Cots attacked the Buttons, ripping their feathers off and injuring em. Not letting em get food, etc.

-I took em out (button) and put em in a new cage

-One day i decided they hadn't seen each other for a while, so i put em all in the big cage. Guess what happened

-The buttons had been eating and getting heavier and stronger so when i put em back the male button was angry as ever, he jumped up and tried to poke all the Cots eyes

Lesson learned:

-Buttons are very territorial

-Buttons are very vengeful

-Buttons are evil (yet they're cute as a button)

LOL
lol.png
...yeah me also got the button first then bought cots and placed them together ....I think I must work with your experiment and make them equal in size and power
Thanks for the reply

Last edited:
I have a male and one female button quail, and one female Texas A&M coturnix quail, all together in one pen. They were raised together from chicks, and are completely fine together. They are about one year old now, maybe less. There used to be a male coturnix, but he died a while ago, I don't know the reason. These three even sleep together in a pile at night. They are in a 4 x 1.5 pen indoors. The only problem is that the coturnix will suck down all the mealworms before the rest get a chance at them! I have found that the coturnix is a little more tame than the buttons, but all prefer to be together rather than separated. I think the key is really the small number of birds and being raised together.

Back
Top Bottom