Please help me ID these bantam chicks!

tbmorgan

Songster
6 Years
Mar 22, 2013
I had a moment of weakness today at TSC when I remembered that I still had a Christmas gift card....LOL! I picked out 6 assorted bantam chicks because....well, because.

Anyway, I am familiar with what my breeds of LF look like as chicks, but really have no experience with the bantam breeds, so I could use some help figuring out what these little fellas are!

I got 2 that look like this:

they both have black dots on their heads, but one has a small, clean dot and the other one is kind of a bigger blob, if that makes any difference.

Then I got a little silver chipmunk with clean legs...

...and another little silver chipmunk with feathered legs

a little buff-colored chick with feathered legs but looks to have a clean face and 4 toes

and finally, another buff-colored chick with 5 toes and crazy cheeks and eyebrows

Can't be a Silkie, right, because skin is not black?

Anyway, I would love some insight! :)

Thanks,
Katja

First chick: Mottled Cochin
Second chick: not sure
Third chick: possibly a Dark Brahma
Third chick: Buff Cochin

Nobody has any ideas about the last chick? Those two buff chicks are different, not two pics of the same chick. One has 5 toes and puffy cheeks.

Another possibility is faverolle, 5 toes and feather legged. All the sultan chicks I've seen had crests.
If TCS is like the Ideal Hatchery chicks we get locally a yellow skinned Silkie is still in the running.

Nobody has any ideas about the last chick? Those two buff chicks are different, not two pics of the same chick. One has 5 toes and puffy cheeks.
The last one could be a Faverolles, but it would have to be a mixed in large fowl. No hatchery has bantam Favs.

Back
Top Bottom