Please help me identify sex and type of peacocks I just got

SillyChicken

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 12, 2010

I think the one on the right is an immature male, but I don't know...

I know the one on the left is an india blue (lost his tail feathers) any idea on the two light colored ones?
Thanks for any help!

Well, you probably already know this, but the pea on the left in the first picture's a hen, looks like an IB.
Those light ones go to the opal +/- blackshoulder experts around here!

FIRST PICTURE= left Indiablue hen- juvenile 9 mo.old. Right= blackshoulder male 9 mo. old. PICTURE TWO= The two white with black spots on thetop of the body are Blackshoulder hens possibly juveniles., The ones in the back are again black shoulder male and Indiablue hen

Black shoulder hens are very hard to visibly see what color they are.Opal B/S hens has very little black flecking on them,they are almost solid white with the exception of opal tail feathers.IB B/S hens varies a lot in the amount of black flecking they have.BSSP hens also varies a huge amount on the amount of black they have. I've got 2 BSSP hens,one has slight black on her feathers,the other hen has very noticable black and more of it on her feathers.Purple B/S hens has a lite rusty tan look and no black flecks and if in the bright sunlite you can see the purple color in their necks.

thank you! They are for sale if anyone in MI is interested!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom