Please Help Me, my 3w old chick is twitching and lethargic

DockedEmpress

Hatching
Feb 28, 2021
Please Help me, I have a 26 day old little chick and everything was going fine until yesterday. She started twitching, sleeping all the time and barely moves I think she may be lethargic. I have to say that this is my first time raising a chick, especially hatching one myself, so I do not know much.

I am not sure of the breed and she is the only chick to hatch, I have given her a mirror but it broke couple days ago.

She slowly but surely stopped eating by herself, so now we have to force her some food down her throat using a dropper every now and then.

And I am making sure I make her drink water too, a lot of water because I think her twitching may be due to something being stuck in her crop, but I am not sure. I keep making her drink water and massaging her crop because I do not want to try to make her vomit since I heard that they can choke to death if done wrong, and I am in no way an expert.

She keeps twitching her leg too, and her entire body jerks every now and then when she is asleep.

I've added some sugar and will add acv soon to her water, and I am currently waiting for some vitamins to be delivered.

I checked for worms, mites and pasty butt but found nothing. We have a vet here but it is too far away for me to reach.

our country is very hot and If i keep her under the red bulb for very long, she will wake up and jump out her card box brooder to come sleep beside me. What can I do? I don't know if she will be ok, what else can I do to help her?

Please Help me, I have a 26 day old little chick and everything was going fine until yesterday. She started twitching, sleeping all the time and barely moves I think she may be lethargic. I have to say that this is my first time raising a chick, especially hatching one myself, so I do not know much.

I am not sure of the breed and she is the only chick to hatch, I have given her a mirror but it broke couple days ago.

She slowly but surely stopped eating by herself, so now we have to force her some food down her throat using a dropper every now and then.

And I am making sure I make her drink water too, a lot of water because I think her twitching may be due to something being stuck in her crop, but I am not sure. I keep making her drink water and massaging her crop because I do not want to try to make her vomit since I heard that they can choke to death if done wrong, and I am in no way an expert.

She keeps twitching her leg too, and her entire body jerks every now and then when she is asleep.

I've added some sugar and will add acv soon to her water, and I am currently waiting for some vitamins to be delivered.

I checked for worms, mites and pasty butt but found nothing. We have a vet here but it is too far away for me to reach.

our country is very hot and If i keep her under the red bulb for very long, she will wake up and jump out her card box brooder to come sleep beside me. What can I do? I don't know if she will be ok, what else can I do to help her?
I have the same problem as you! I also live in a warm climate, and my chick is unable to walk and is unbalanced, and is sleeping all the time, and twitches in his/her sleep.

Back
Top Bottom