Please help me sex my turkeys

When I bought them as babies and ever since I have been monitoring them, the seller told me that the black one and the white one at the back are females while the bronze white at the front is the male, but they seem to be behaving strange these days as the bronze at the front rerely displays while the black and white one at the back do normally displays and the two engages in bloody fights so I don't know what the fight is all about.
Some are just more temperamental then others.

The black one has a larger snood then the white ones. So, he's obviously male. Another feature to look for is that females have a mohawk, & males have bald heads.

When I bought them as babies and ever since I have been monitoring them, the seller told me that the black one and the white one at the back are females while the bronze white at the front is the male, but they seem to be behaving strange these days as the bronze at the front rarely displays while the black and white one at the back do normally displays and the two engages in bloody fights so I don't know what the fight is all about.
The one in the front is a Broad Breasted White. If it is 3 months old, it may very well be a hen.

It is possible that the white in the back is a heritage white and the Mottled Black is a heritage variety.

The Broad Breasted White as the biggest of the three is not involved in the pecking order fights that are going on between the other two.

I am by no means an expert, but I have had and hunted turkeys, and these are the things that I have seen that divide males from females.

Females have small caruncles and snoods. Heads are usually neutral colors. (For our BBW, the females have pinkish to match skin and for wild turkeys it's usually a grayish).

Toms: they gobble, strut, have beards (after a certain age), have big caruncles and snoods, and their faces get bright blue and red when displaying.

I know that there are sometimes anomalies, but again, I'm just talking about what I've seen.

In the pics I'm posting below, I'm going to focus on the brown Jake and the white Jenny.

The pics show pretty well the differences I've pointed out.

The jennys are in the foreground and background. The Jake is in the middle ground.

Attachments

• 20201108_101418.jpg
    20201108_101418.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20201108_101414.jpg
    20201108_101414.jpg
    727.4 KB · Views: 6
I am by no means an expert, but I have had and hunted turkeys, and these are the things that I have seen that divide males from females.

Females have small caruncles and snoods. Heads are usually neutral colors. (For our BBW, the females have pinkish to match skin and for wild turkeys it's usually a grayish).

Toms: they gobble, strut, have beards (after a certain age), have big caruncles and snoods, and their faces get bright blue and red when displaying.

I know that there are sometimes anomalies, but again, I'm just talking about what I've seen.

In the pics I'm posting below, I'm going to focus on the brown Jake and the white Jenny.

The pics show pretty well the differences I've pointed out.

The jennys are in the foreground and background. The Jake is in the middle ground.
I've seen a difference with the hairs. Tom has less hair on the head than the females.
Thanks man.

I check this morning and they all have some few hairs on their cruncles not so much as the one above. I may have to wait for them to grow more I guess.
Below are my three turkeys

Back
Top Bottom