Please help me with my Rcom 20 question

thechickenfarmer

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Connecticut
Hi Everybody,
This is my first time using my incubator, I've had it running for about 7 hours. The temp. inside has almost reached the optimum number but the humidity isn't going over 8% in the last few hours. The manual is translated into English from Korean and is a very bad translation. There is also lots of information absent. It does say to let the incubator run for 12 hours before you put eggs in but it seems to me that the humidity should have gone up some in the last couple of hours a little. Yes, I did fill with water. I don't want to wait untill the morning if there is something I can do to get it working tonight. Please let me know if this is normal or if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks a bunch, Jen

Check it again after 12 hours.

I haven't used one, but I do know they are programmed to ensure optimum conditions for the stage the eggs have reached. The timings could be really tight.

Is there a *Start* button to press when you set the eggs in Auto mode?

If you are running it in manual mode you might have to dial in the humidity you need.

Just best guesses ..... love to help more

Thanks Twigg,
There is no start button but there is a set button. The default humidity is 45%, when I press the set button and hold it like the manual says it does flash 45% but just hasn't come close to reaching that in 7 hours. I guess I'll have to check it again later. Thanks, Jen

Did you calibrate it?

They do not have different settings or timings for different stages, they stay at whatever humidity level and temperature you have them set at. The regular R-COM 20 does not have automatic and manual modes.

See .... wait long enough and someone who actually knows what they are talking about comes along
lau.gif

Thanks so much, that was helpful. I think there is something wrong with mine. I spoke with the tech today, he was very helpful. I went back an hour later and there was water all over the counter coming from underneath. Not good, I'm guessing so I think I'll call tomorrow and get another one. Thanks again. Jen

Make sure the little round grey things in the water tanks are pushed all the way down. That will cause it to leak water out. Did he have you reset the r-com to factory settings? I had to do that with mine to get it to read right.

Back
Top Bottom