PLEASE HELP! My chick newborn chick as something attached it´s butt (graphic photo)

chickenaskingfor help

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2023
Hi I am new here and I came across this site for answers!. I need help urgently! I went to go check on my newborn chicks under a broody hen and found an egg that still hasn´t hatched yet so i waited 3 more days but when I went to go check on it the mother was not sitting down anymore she was stepping on the poor newborn chick that hatched late so I immediately took it out and went inside to warm it up with a hairdryer since i don have a incubator it stared to pip and move around which is good! but it has blood on it ´ s butt and something attached to it (looks gross) I don ´ t know what it is nor how to get rid of it. I also don´t have a veterinarian near me. PLEASE HELP I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE THESE ARE MY FIRST CHICKS HATCHING UNDER A BROODY HEN
IMG_20230601_171914.jpg
IMG_20230601_171824.jpg
!

Thank you so much!!! this information is soo useful!. She ´ s piping but something is attached to it which I am worried about
I wish I could be of more help, but I've never had any experience with this type of thing before and have no idea. I hope the little one makes it!

I believe the little ones intestines are out and if so then culling seems to be the kindest thing you could do for it. I have heard of some people trying to put them back in but personally I dont think it has a good chance. Im sorry. You can wait for others to chime in that may know more about it then I do.
When I culled one that little I used a sharp pair of scissors and cut the head off quickly.

I believe the little ones intestines are out and if so then culling seems to be the kindest thing you could do for it. I have heard of some people trying to put them back in but personally I dont think it has a good chance. Im sorry. You can wait for others to chime in that may know more about it then I do.
When I culled one that little I used a sharp pair of scissors and cut the head off quickly.
@chickenaskingfor help I'm very sorry about your chick :hugs

I agree with the post by @Granny Hatchet it does look like the intestines are out. I would cull a chick like this. It can be hard emotionally to put a little one like this down, but it's something that sometimes needs to be done especially if you hatch chicks.

This is the quickest method to cull a chick. The article will walk you through it. I'm sorry.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-for-squeamish-people-slightly-graphic.74734/

Back
Top Bottom