Please help! My chicken is pooping some really weird colored stuff but acting normal.

I usually feed her just chicken crumble feed. She has been eating and it just got to be this watery tonight. It’s a piece of something from the fresh corn. She is a four year old golden sex link. She is eating so I don’t know why she isn’t pooping solid. I have gave her some olive oil because I was thinking she was backed up
I'm glad that was from corn, it looked like a worm.

Why has she been inside for 3 days?
I noticed she wasn’t eating and I saw the green poop. I had changed their food to pellets instead of crumbles and she wasn’t eating them a lot. So I bought her some she likes but she still won’t eat all of it. I wanted to be able to watch her and see her poops. That’s why she is inside

She is rubbing her beak along the ground a lot and shaking her head but besides that she is acting perfectly fine. I am so upset that something serious is wrong
Rubbing a beak on the ground is the way a chicken cleans and/or hones their beak.
Does she have anything inside her beak that is of concern?

Photos of the hen?
Does she lay eggs?
How long have you had her?

I noticed she wasn’t eating and I saw the green poop. I had changed their food to pellets instead of crumbles and she wasn’t eating them a lot. So I bought her some she likes but she still won’t eat all of it. I wanted to be able to watch her and see her poops. That’s why she is inside
Has the poop been like that for 3 days?

Fresh corn...how much?
Olive oil? That's why the loose stool.

Feed her her normal feed and no treats for a few days, see if it clears up.
I just gave her a little corn tonight. She was my first chicken and means a lot to me. When I saw that, I kinda had a whole meltdown. I saw that green poop like that is bad so it freaked me out.

No it was green but it was more solid.
51338082-759A-4E1F-9527-F3B4CB899524.jpeg
12D26933-5A38-413B-9FB3-6A92BD48D7D0.jpeg
7BD8BEBB-6AAC-4152-A760-54E84AFFC2FE.jpeg

Rubbing a beak on the ground is the way a chicken cleans and/or hones their beak.
Does she have anything inside her beak that is of concern?

Photos of the hen?
Does she lay eggs?
How long have you had her?
I haven’t noticed her laying eggs. I don’t believe it’s egg bound. My Brahma had gotten it and I have always been very careful with that with her since golden sex links get it alot. That’s what she just pooped and that’s her.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Olive oil? That's why the loose stool.

Feed her her normal feed and no treats for a few days, see if it clears up.
No more olive oil for now.
Feed her normal feed, no treats for a few days. See if it clears up.

See that her crop is emptying overnight.
Is she eating at all hours since you've had her inside? She needs to be sleeping from dusk til dawn in the dark with no light.

"treats" is anything that is not her normal poultry feed.

My chickens had horrible diarrhea when I gave them corn. I'm not sure at all if that's what's going on with your girl, but
she is acting normal. I thought if she would be sick she would be lethargic and not eating or moving. She is doing all that though. She just fluffed her feathers up. I dont get why the poop is green since she hasn’t
No more olive oil for now.
Feed her normal feed, no treats for a few days. See if it clears up.

See that her crop is emptying overnight.
Is she eating at all hours since you've had her inside? She needs to be sleeping from dusk til dawn in the dark with no light.
I keep the light off at night unless I check on her real quick. I did put her out with everyone for a few and she was walking around and pecking the birds. She is too bird so they all pretty much now to her. I leave her food at night but she sleeps so I doubt she is eating.

Back
Top Bottom