Please help! My chicken is sick

shellyrose

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 3, 2011
I have a 3 yr old Austalorp hen who was absolutely fine yesterday, but this morning she was on the ground under the perch, as if she fell off in the night. She has fluid coming from her nostrils and is breathing through her mouth, eyes half closed. She looks to be very unhappy. Please any info, I love this chook. She is my fave I don't want to lose her.
sad.png

Don't know what to tell you as I am new to this but I would separate her from the rest immediately and hopefully someone else can tell you what to do. bump

I use the antibiotics that disolve in water. You could try to get some of that down her.
Sorry she sounds like she feels really bad.

I don't think she will last the day. She is getting worse by the minute. I'm nearly in tears whenever I check on her. Poor thing!!!! Don't think there would be much chance of getting anything down her, she can bearly breathe. I feel awful to move her, but I have another hen sitting on eggs in there, who I would hate to lose. Sorry henny but you have to relocate.

She's all moved, poor thing, think she is nearly gone. Couldnt even move he legs back under her when I put her down. Finding it strange that she has fallen ill so quickly:(

Thank you! She's all warm and dark in my old aviary covered in blankies, nice and safe on her bed of hay. Hope she recovers...

RIP Blackie. Gonna miss you, you laid the best eggs of them all.....
Still, can believe how quickly it all happened. Fine one day and dead before luchtime the next.
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

Not happy!!!

Back
Top Bottom