Please help my girl

Yes I did a thorough search for cuts, swelling, hot or warm to the touch, scabs, bumps, cysts, pockets or smell, and I did smell my chickens feet lol only earth and natural smell nothing necrotic
I bought package of powder from tractor supply , I forget the name ... I just ordered NutriDrench instead, the other is all gone anyway...I only do bread and once in awhile some fruit if it's left over from cutting up fruit salad ... but I don't do alot ..maybe once a week?
Does backyard chickens have a YouTube?

Stop giving bread and everything else.
The layer feed is a complete balanced meal.

Feeding all of this other stuff takes away from the bird getting a balanced diet.

Not getting a balanced diet causes issues.
Okay I will try this and won't give them any treats like I do the roaming roosters ...(my boys that can't be in with the girls cause there isn't enough to go around and I keep them as pets)

Please let me know what you think after watching
You are taking great care of her, I can tell how much you love her. I think she looks good except her foot, so I feel like you are dealing more with a foot injury more than anything else. Her coloring is good, she is upright and alert and obviously has a desire to drink which is great. You may want to keep her off of it and build her a sling so she doesn't need to hobble to eat or drink. If others agree after watching the video I would think like an anti inflammatory such as a baby asprin would help.

1693065481189.png

I'm not sure there is anything more you can do.
Continue to keep her isolated so you can make sure she's eating well.

3 most likely reasons:
1. an injury and needs time to heal
2. A nutritional deficiency which can be helped with vitamins and proper diet
3. Marek's disease

Back
Top Bottom