Please help my girl

2ndChanceFarms

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2023
Hey there
My girl has been acting weird for a couple weeks now, she started limping on one side...as if she had pinched a nerve laying an egg...her foot on one side , the toes curl in towards themselves ...she stopped walking...I separated her and after a few days she started walking better...however..it has plateaued....she isn't getting better...I just started using some vitamins in a dropper to make sure I'm not missing something like that... I'm scared she has done nerve damage ...she has a healthy appetite and drinking but if I put her with the others , she will get picked on I fear cause she is so dormant.... please guys help me ... I have tried to attach a video of her walking and upclose

Attachments

• 20230816_105533.jpg
    20230816_105533.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 20230816_105529.jpg
    20230816_105529.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230816_110137.jpg
    20230816_110137.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230816_110136.jpg
    20230816_110136.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230816_105910.jpg
    20230816_105910.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230816_110122.jpg
    20230816_110122.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230816_110129.jpg
    20230816_110129.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 3
Was she vaccinated for Marek's disease?

What exactly have you been feeding her and when was the last time you brought any new to you birds home?

Was she vaccinated for Marek's disease?

What exactly have you been feeding her and when was the last time you brought any new to you birds home?
So they first get medicated feed , then at 12 weeks I switched to laying feed with supplement and I use a prebiotic and also a vitamin and electrolyte drink for them in a feeder every other week... I don't get birds from anywhere , I hatched these out from fertile eggs I bought from one place on Amazon and the rest of the batch is great! She seems to be getting a little better since I upped the vitamins and dropped them directly in her beak.but not great. :( I worry she was laying and then pinched a nerve ...when I try to do physical and pick her up , she uses bother her legs and feet the right way as she pushes against my legs to get away ...and so I know she can, but she won't usually unless I do this...I tried to post a video of her walking but it won't upload

So they first get medicated feed , then at 12 weeks I switched to laying feed with supplement and I use a prebiotic and also a vitamin and electrolyte drink for them in a feeder every other week... I don't get birds from anywhere , I hatched these out from fertile eggs I bought from one place on Amazon and the rest of the batch is great! She seems to be getting a little better since I upped the vitamins and dropped them directly in her beak.but not great. :( I worry she was laying and then pinched a nerve ...when I try to do physical and pick her up , she uses bother her legs and feet the right way as she pushes against my legs to get away ...and so I know she can, but she won't usually unless I do this...I tried to post a video of her walking but it won't upload
I also meant to say I haven't incubated and new eggs or a batch since her

Upload it to YouTube.

Are you feeding treats?

What supplement are you giving every other week?

Upload it to YouTube.

Are you feeding treats?

What supplement are you giving every other week?
I bought package of powder from tractor supply , I forget the name ... I just ordered NutriDrench instead, the other is all gone anyway...I only do bread and once in awhile some fruit if it's left over from cutting up fruit salad ... but I don't do alot ..maybe once a week?

Did you look at her feet real well for any cuts?
Yes I did a thorough search for cuts, swelling, hot or warm to the touch, scabs, bumps, cysts, pockets or smell, and I did smell my chickens feet lol only earth and natural smell nothing necrotic

I bought package of powder from tractor supply , I forget the name ... I just ordered NutriDrench instead, the other is all gone anyway...I only do bread and once in awhile some fruit if it's left over from cutting up fruit salad ... but I don't do alot ..maybe once a week?
Stop giving bread and everything else.
The layer feed is a complete balanced meal.

Feeding all of this other stuff takes away from the bird getting a balanced diet.

Not getting a balanced diet causes issues.

Back
Top Bottom