Sick Chick

Feb 29, 2024
Hi All! Looking for some advice. Have approximately 4 week old chick that I believe has coccidiosis as she was totally fine Monday a.m. and lifeless by 1p.m. the same day. Googling symptoms and looking at poo, I came to the conclusion of coccidiosis and started corid that evening. She made it through the night and is still kickin but she can’t stand/walk, ruffled feathers and sleeping more than the others. I started giving nutridrench last night but nada. What can I do for this girl to get her walking again? Her toes seem to be curling so maybe a paralysis from a vitamin deficiency? Any suggestions are much appreciated

With Corid you are not supposed to give thiamine, which is in most vitamins and NutriDrench. Is she drinking the Corid water? Can you give her a couple of drops of the Corid that is not diluted in water daily? I would,continue to dip her beak often in the Corid water, since she is too weak to get it on her own. Keep her warm. What do her poops look like?

With Corid you are not supposed to give thiamine, which is in most vitamins and NutriDrench. Is she drinking the Corid water? Can you give her a couple of drops of the Corid that is not diluted in water daily? I would,continue to dip her beak often in the Corid water, since she is too weak to get it on her own. Keep her warm. What do her poops look like?
Thank you. She is still drinking the corid water when offered which I started on Monday night. I did give a couple drops directly by beak for 3 days. Her poo still appears to have a little of the blood/mucous but looks better than it did on Monday. She is able to sit upright, is alert, and can stretch her neck out to eat, just can’t stand or walk. Maybe I am being impatient with her recovery since she was in death’s doorstep Monday?

Back
Top Bottom