Please help.. New geese.. and I am terrified

Hi Guys,
I hope everyone is keeping well and safe.
I live on a small plot with my partner and his mother, she has her own house next to ours. She just got two male geese yesterday.Thunder and storm.
However, herein lies the problem.... I am terrified of geese. These two are tame and used to people according to the SPCA where they have come from. How do I even get the courage to go outside now? How do i interact with them if at all? Any help and tips would be much appreciated. We have tons of chickens, and I have no problem with them at all. Desperate.......
Geese are very sweet and intelligent. We too were afraid of geese. But after having them, they’re our absolute favorite and our gander loves sleeping on my wife’s lap in front of the fireplace. Just be loving with them. Offer them treats like romaine lettuce, cabbage and watermelon. If they’re already tame and used to people you can pet them and hold them. Geese aren’t used to petting, and may try to waddle off, but will allow it and some love it. We had to take Tony to the vet for a follow up to an injury he got. He doesn’t like the vet and was literally hugging my wife with fully open wings not wanting to go in. He’s still not fully grown but is 25lbs. He’s a big boy but sweet. We’ve completely changed our view of geese and are getting more in the spring.

Hi Guys,
I hope everyone is keeping well and safe.
I live on a small plot with my partner and his mother, she has her own house next to ours. She just got two male geese yesterday.Thunder and storm.
However, herein lies the problem.... I am terrified of geese. These two are tame and used to people according to the SPCA where they have come from. How do I even get the courage to go outside now? How do i interact with them if at all? Any help and tips would be much appreciated. We have tons of chickens, and I have no problem with them at all. Desperate.......
Oh forgot sometimes Tony will hiss when he’s concerned or frightened by something. When we get new chicks we will hold him and let him see them. He always starts to hiss and show the toothed tongue. We just softly tell him “no” and speak softly to him. We unfortunately trained him this way not to attack some guineas. The guineas turned out to be vicious and attacked our sweet little Easter eggers. We re-homed them but proved that Tony was trainable. The key is giving them attention love and being around them. Goose treats are important too.

Back
Top Bottom