PLEASE HELP! PENDULOUS CROP????

ChickensValM

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2023
One of my black australorps (Daisy) has something weird going in with her crop, days ago I found her in the coop active with a big crop (not rock hard) and moving her head around like she's trying to clear her crop. I thought it was impacted crop so I brought her inside in a dog cage with no food for around 24 hours and massaged her crop multiple times a day! The crop went down quite a bit. But still not empty, I kept massaging it (and still am) I've fed her soft foods like yogurt, apple sauce, feed hydrates, and scrambled eggs most with olive oil and always access to water! Her crop isn't as big but it sags a little and feels like it still has something inside even in the morning! (I've also been taking away water at night so her crop can hopefully empty) She's still moving her head like she's trying to clear her crop. I'm starting to think it's pendulous crop but i saw a thread and the crop looked similar. I'm so confused and panicking Daisy is our nicest chicken I've even rehabbed her from wry neck.

I'll add some pictures below (sorry for the bad angles and quality, she's still pretty active)

Attachments

• 20230807_132205.jpg
    20230807_132205.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 20230807_132209.jpg
    20230807_132209.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 21
Reading my article will hopefully unconfuse you about crop disorders and how to tell which one you're dealing with. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Your Daisy likely has a crop yeast infection. It's treated with miconazole, a women's vaginal cream, twice a day for a full seven days.

@chickenvilla22 Have you began treating the crop as suggested?☝️
Treat the crop and likely it won't sag.
Thank you so much! But do yeast infections cause the crop feel like it's sagging? Sorry for another question I'm just worried

Back
Top Bottom