Please help poorly chicken

hsunderland

Hatching
Mar 5, 2016
Hi all New to this site that really need help with my poorly chicken Margo I have three chickens Margot is the oldest that 2 1/2 years old she has really bad diarrhoea green sometimes sometimes white she is stooped and with her backend hanging down she has eaten a little bit and drunk a bit but not a huge amount it's about 2° here in England quite cold I don't know whether to bring her in or leave her with the flock please help

I'm no expert, but from what I've learned so far, you should always separate one that's sick from the rest of your flock. I'm in Florida so I'm definitely biased... I say bring her in and get her warm then evaluate her symptoms from there.

Thank you for this - if you bring her in so you make the box dark and let her sleep or keep it open?

If she is that ill, I think she would like to sleep in a box maybe on a towel . Would she be in a heated room? Do you think she is eggbound? Please post on the "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures thread - in full detail. Even a photo of how she looks could help with their diagnosis......Hope she can be put right.

Thanks for the concern I haven't brought her in but she has perked up a bit..here is a pic of her today

Back
Top Bottom