Please HELP, pROBLEM WITH CHICK NOT Hatching all the way!!!!!!

jay1995

Songster
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Florida
I have a chick in the bator who pipped last night and around five this morning was making more progress and now has done nothing, he went half way asround and stopped. Humidity is at 70% He seems unresponsive. Can I try to help him out??? Please help me. -jay

i would wait a little longer maybe 2 hours then slowly help a little then leave him and if he cant finish it off help him some more hope he hatches
smile.png

Chicks can take 24 hours or longer from pipping to zipping out of the shell. They are resting, learning to breathe and finishing absorbing their yolk sac. Patience.

Last edited:
yes u can if u really think it is nessesary. just help it peel off the top part of the egg shell.
I've got a chick pipping right now
celebrate.gif

****BE VERY CARFULL AND GENTLE****

Sorry. He had passed away before I could get to him. He was cute though. I wish he could have lived. He wasnt breathing and his chest wasnt totally closed and stuff was out, I kept lightly poking him and he didnt move, and the membrane was dry. So I guess it wasnt gods will. I am supprised how well I am taking it but there was nothing I could do. On the upside I still have four chicks out of eight and a few arent due till tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed. Thanks for the help, -Jay Ive learned some more about hatching.

I'm so sorry. I'm sure he didn't hatch completely due to this malformation. Poor thing. It happens, but it's still sad.
sad.png

I choose to not help because of situations like this. It's a difficult decision to stick to...but it's a personal choice, of course.

Back
Top Bottom